View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 12:03 PM   #17
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Driving in salt and snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
That IS a beautiful car, and it won't look like that for long if that dude drives on salty roads. I've seen on several occasions, mint and I mean mint condition early Ford Mustangs running around the NW Chicago suburbs on salty winter roads. All I can say to myself is 'Nice car BUT THAT guy isn't a gear head or there's NO way he would abuse a car like that.'Early Mustangs were one of the worst cars for rotting out around the Midwest. They had no body integrity. "Just push 'em out the factory door as fast as possible to make tons of cash. And we made TONS of money off of them". That is an indirect paraphrase from the Father of Mustangs, Lee Iaccoca, who in an interview about fifteen years ago concerning the safety of the drop in fuel tanks on Mustangs and rear end collisions, said 'Trade in that old Mustang and get a new one."

SeaSlugs said it all when he stated 'Today's cars are toasters' I quite agree. Actually very boring. About the only new cars that look neat are the Mustang-Camaro-Charger everybody else drives a four door or an SUV. In silver or white. Yawn.............
yea I like the 14-15 silverado only because it reminds me an awful lot of the 70-80's square bodys. Kind of excited about the 17 bronco - looks like the 70's style. I wish the new fords looked like the 70's fords... the charger is also another one of my dream cars.

Is it just me or does anyone else see "faces" in the front end of cars?

What was/is the draw to mustangs? Was it purely looks? Drivetrain? I see entirely too many at local cruise ins and kinda get boring to look at after awhile. Same goes for camaros novas belairs and chevelles. I like the rare and the weird or the things average people actually could afford to drive not the bedroom poster cars.