View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #15
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Driving in salt and snow

That IS a beautiful car, and it won't look like that for long if that dude drives on salty roads. I've seen on several occasions, mint and I mean mint condition early Ford Mustangs running around the NW Chicago suburbs on salty winter roads. All I can say to myself is 'Nice car BUT THAT guy isn't a gear head or there's NO way he would abuse a car like that.'Early Mustangs were one of the worst cars for rotting out around the Midwest. They had no body integrity. "Just push 'em out the factory door as fast as possible to make tons of cash. And we made TONS of money off of them". That is an indirect paraphrase from the Father of Mustangs, Lee Iaccoca, who in an interview about fifteen years ago concerning the safety of the drop in fuel tanks on Mustangs and rear end collisions, said 'Trade in that old Mustang and get a new one."

SeaSlugs said it all when he stated 'Today's cars are toasters' I quite agree. Actually very boring. About the only new cars that look neat are the Mustang-Camaro-Charger everybody else drives a four door or an SUV. In silver or white. Yawn.............
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote