View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #17
VeryTangled

Thumbs up Re: for those with sharp eyes ID these vehicles.

Good thread, I'll play.

I'm not the first to identify Pic #3 is a 1935.

It's a convertible. Do I see a rumble seat or a laid-in-place trunk lid, but in any case a Cabriolet or Roadster, not a four door?

If we could peek under the blanket covering the windshield it would reveal if it's a Roadster with those gorgeous chromed stanchions or a Cabriolet with the body color surround.

We can't see enough of the inside of the open door for a window winding handle to show.

Blowing the picture up, there is the faintest hint, just about two pixels, that could be the chromed side-curtain support rod socket on the top of the open door, but I'm probably seeing things on this.

The tail light stands, while pointing oddly from this photo, are interesting.

In the case of rumble seat cars, there will be a step-pad on the non-filler tail light stand. The license plate bracket is hiding that part of the stand in this photo.

Don't left drive cars typically have a left side longer tail light stand with the gas filler coming out the top, and the right side short one with no gas filler hole?

This car, being right drive (assumption) has the 1935 short tail light stand, but with the gas filler hole in it, on the off side'. I'm guessing this is because there was one gas tank for all '35 cars, even if the filler didn't end up coming out on the 'driver' side of RHD cars. Something I had not previously grasped about RHD cars.

There are a lot more 1935 tail light stands than you'd think. FordBarn also taught us there are a bunch of spare tire mounts too!

Thanks for the fun Phil!

And yes, the sealed-beams are and have always been ghastly looking to me.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote