View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #11
Working Class Zero

Default Re: 1930 Model AA Cant Get Her Over 25 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingsculpture View Post
heres the stamp on my AA rear diff fastest i can go on this boy is 53 on a downhill slop avg fast speed is 48 comfortable is 43-45 . all brakes in good shape and stops fast when needed . point gap is 20 spark plug gap at 35 timing set at absolute tdc , noted here that when i had my head off i looked at the piston location when the timing pin was set in position and found that the piston was apx 3/16 below deck , rotated the crank a hair more to absolute tdc and set my points to open there , that truck starts right up ! and runs nice ... good luck if you have the high speed rear you will get there . may be your carb too what are you running?
ok i definitely don't have that stamping. the previous owner said he would get it going 45 MPH easily but thats about it. Liar? Unfortunatly I had it shipped to me from afar so no test drive. I can only get 25 MPH. That is sloooow. Even for the low geared AA. Running the Zenith Carb original. But she leaks. All I want To go is about 45Mph, not looking for anything more, but less is not ideal. Anybody got a high speed diff for sale? shoot.......
Working Class Zero is offline   Reply With Quote