View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: 29 Tudor door seal/bumpers/door glide clip

#2--- I have a sealed plastic bag with a rubber "bottom door seal 1928-31" inside--(see picture) Is this an original part for this car??? If this part belongs on this car, which way is up???

Fred,

No problem with the bottom door seal. There should be a flat side and a side with a small raised "line" on the other.

The flat side goes against the door itself.

Cut the rubber strip the same length as the door panel. Position the strip against the door panel itself with the "line" as a guide going along the bottom of the panel. Mark the rubber strip for the holes for the panel clips. Position the strip on the panel then assemble the panel on the door.

This is how it was done. I think there is a picture in the Service Bulletins somewhere showing this BUT it is a Roadster/Phaeton door I think.

ALSO to get more "puristy"...there are brass corner clips for the bottom of the panel, right and left but I do not think any one sells these. These are cardboard reenforcement parts hidden by the upholostry.

Relooking at your photo #3...if that is what you pulled out of the bag...I think it is the wrong style weather striping...What you want is a flat rubber strip about 2 inches wide...flat on one side and flat on the other with a rubber raised line on that one side.

Pluck

Last edited by Steve Plucker; 02-27-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote