View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #12
springerpete

Default Re: Model A Turn Signal

Denny: I built my own turn signals for both my T and A. It was a fun project to do and even better when they worked fine after the job was done. Both are 6 volt. Flashers came from auto parts store nearby. I think they were for old VW's. The switch is a double throw also from the same store. It is not self cancelling though. Wiring is similar to what was on each car. Lang's and Tam's supplied them. Lights for the T came from a truck stop shop that had a huge inventory to pick from. They are amber and 3" in diameter. For my A I used the regular rear lights ( I added one on the right side ) and for the front I use amber driving lights mounted on the bumper brackets. They do look period correct.

I do not care for the logo lites as they are not eye catching in traffic. I think they are to small and easily missed. I tour frequently with a friend who has them on his car. My opinion. It was a fun project. Both switches are mounted on the steering column in the normal position. I made small metal boxes and they are held on with ss clamps. Glad you are considering putting them on you car. Bill
springerpete is offline   Reply With Quote