View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
77Birdman

Default Re: mocdern car refinishing products

I am def. a novice in the car field, but I have had great success with painting and body work on my cars. In general, if you have experience painting then theres no need to go into that. I have only used the 'modern stuff' so I cant compare to the old. I have experience with both single stage and bc/cc. I learned from watching some dvd tutorials (as well as experience finishing furniture and cabinets), and talking with some people that knew things. BUT this is probably where you are already. I also have a very good mom n pop auto store that is also a paint dealer. They were a wealth of information regarding what products to use, what gun to buy, and how to prep. The technique is the hard part, the rest is just the sum of the parts. For putting down epoxy primer and sandable primer/sealer I use a cheap hvlp gun from HD or Lowes. They cost about $50 and the tip size is perfect. I can put down a pretty good finish with these, besides it will all mostly be sanded off. For the finish coats and clear coat I bought an Aiwata spray gun. It was about $350 or so but worth every penny. It is a professional gun made for the hobbyist.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote