View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: mounting body to frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classiccanuck View Post
I have a 28 Phaeton, I'm now at the point of putting the body onto the frame, not sure of the process with shimming the body blocks to get everything lined up, I had started at the rear and had all doors opening and closing nicely, then the cowl had to be shimmed up to align the hood and that is when I found out I need to start at the cowl and work my way to the back, now the doors are out of wack. Is there any else I should know? or is there a publication on "how to"?

Well, generally speaking as you mentioned you do start at the front on these because you need to set the firewall height to allow the hood to close properly. Then you move your way rearward making adjustments along the way. Another thing we noticed a long time ago was that most of the commercially-available reproduction body blocks were not the correct thickness. It has been too long to remember which ones were off, but that will mess with you also. I have an ongoing list of videos to make, and I guess I'll add shimming the body to the list.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)