View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 09:57 PM   #11
Synchro909

Default Re: Canandian/New Zealand ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I presume regards Churchill you mean Gallipoli . If so us Kiwis got hit as well
but I figure he made up for it in WW2 . At least we aren't all speaking German or eating rice today - Karl
No, Not Gallipoli and we know very well how ANZAC was born. Long may it prevail.
When the allies claimed victory in the Middle East because an Australian breakthrough enabled the construction of tanks much more rapidly than ever before, our troops were able to depart that part of the world. By now, Japan was heading our way and they HAD to be stopped. Churchill knew that we were relying on those troop but turned the ships in to India for provisions anyway so they could go to defend Britain and allow Australia to fall. Our PM of the day went through Churchill like a packet of salts and brought the troops home anyway - well, to New Guinea, actually so they could stop the Japs. They did that on the Kokoda Track - look it up. At the same time the US navy stopped the Japs on the oceans (battle of the Coral Sea ). We stopped them on land. Churchill's actions are reviled here today and he is regarded as a rat.
I'm trying not to get too strong about this but I'm sure you will be able to see why he is scum here.