View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #10
Seth Swoboda

Default Re: Slightly O.T. - Looking for info on best car trailer winch to purchase

John, As for a winch I can't help much there except I have purchased one "cheap" winch for an open trailer and it is sitting on the floor in the shop because it no longer works.

As for a trailer I currently have an open trailer, however for long distance hauling I borrow a 20 foot enclosed trailer from a friend. It too has a winch mounted in the front. The 20 foot trailer is the perfect length for hauling our V8's. I would not go smaller. Remember you will also use this trailer for other tasks so don't go too small. I have yet to say "I wish I didn't have so much room in this trailer". Also, if you get an enclosed trailer make sure it has a large door on the driver side that allows you to open the car door to exit the vehicle once you get it inside the trailer.

As a side note, I have been throwing out some serious thought about attending the Chantilly meet in June. If my father in law and Alex attend I may share a room with Glenn. I also need to talk to Jeff about his offer to drive his spare car during the meet if I do not bring a V8 out with me.

Seth
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote