View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #10
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: 1940 Ford clutch link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
The pedals are not a reverse of the 39 setup, because the orientation of the clutch and brake pedals are the same regardless of hand of drive.

The RHD clutch pedal handily falls right next to the clutch release lever so if you look closely at that pic above you can see the pedal rising up above the lower part. In other words the pedal does not need to travel through the brake pivot like a LHD 39.

Mart.
You're right, Mart! If you'll look back at my statement up above, I said the "SHAFT" looked like the American shaft 'reversed'. In fact, now that I go back and look at this picture......

....as well as this picture of a RHD pedal set......

.....it looks like that's exactly what they did. They reversed that shaft end for end, and manufactured TWO dedicated pedals leaning toward the right. The BRAKE pedal has a lower hole bushed to shaft diameter so that it can oscillate. The CLUTCH pedal hole machined to shaft diameter and PINNED to shaft, as well as bushing the center shaft support hole in the bracket itself. That set-up would articulate all functions as necessary. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote