View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:44 PM   #15
braol

Default Re: New surprises with my 'new' 31-Tudor

My topic isn't a complaint so I'm not sure 'buyer beware' is the right term...I knew the rears were fiberglass and that the seats were not original before I even looked at the car. I was also aware that the cars often have had the engines swapped out and that old titles might not match so I was prepared to restamp the engine or to attach a body "serial number plate."

Some positive takeaways from the experience are that: the car looks GREAT, starts right up, had new brakes and tires and a new interior (except the seats). There are no leaks...except the first two days after I changed the oil (I swear I under-filled it enough to avoid a leak). Most cars have some incorrect repo parts (like my ignition with wrong style key) but it works fine. The car had clutch chatter when I test drove it (and wobble) but with all the posts on these topics on this forum I know I'm not alone.

The worst thing about the purchase is that I'm going to do a clutch job and maybe restamp the engine. The fact that I got the car for only $5900 makes me smile every time I open the garage door. It also leaves a LOT of flexibility to solve any issues in the future.

Oh, one last thing: I raised part of the body off the frame yesterday: In addition to there being absolutely no rust on top of the frame rails MY SERIAL NUMBER ON THE TITLE MATCHES THE STAMPED NUMBER ON THE FRAME! How about that!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg model a 31.jpg (49.8 KB, 37 views)
braol is offline   Reply With Quote