View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #20
dean from bozeman

Default Re: National Meets same date

For those considering hosting a national Model A meet consider that the Gettysburg Meet, that was as good as any that I have been to, was coordinated by a group of 6 people. It doesn't take a club of a hundred to run a meet. Yes, the group of six did have a team of volunteers but the point is that it can be done by a smaller club.

If more clubs would consider hosting an event then it wouldn't be a relatively last minute run to get available rooms, venues, etc.

As for 2018, the MAFCA meet in Reno is closer and I might be helping a friend get his car there. The MARC meet in Branson will be attended by more of my buddies in the hobby. I will miss out either way.

As for an eventual merger of the two clubs...I tire of the Pepsi-Coke, Chevy-Ford, MAFCA-MARC, Fine Point-Touring and other such dichotomies. The World MAFCA/MARC meets and the common judging standards committee are two ways in which the clubs work together. Perhaps in the future they will come together. Let's keep working together and resist growing apart.