View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #46
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
3rd load was on Tuesday. I left Anacortes at 4:30 am from a motel. Arrived in Twisp after snow in Washington Pass at 9 am. Loaded up the tonner, the script bed, the 8rt , the panel rear doors and who knows what else and then stopped to buy some trim pieces and more fenders from a CL ad in East Wenatchee, lastly to Marysville Wa where another CL lister had a bed for an f3 that fit my tonner that was loaded on my trailer. I have been wondering about rear fenders for jailbar pickups. After careful measurements, seems the crown or ridge line on a pickup fender is where the panel truck fender has it's flange. In other words, the more common pickup rear fender can be cut there and flanged to become a rear fender for a panel, or in my case , A woody.....After I caught the 9 pm ferry I was home in bed at 11:30. I'm no math expert but that's like a 16 hour day on the road. I have everything I need to build the woody now but the wood, and with bi-weekly deliveries to the cabinetshop from a large mainland hardwood supplier, that's the easy part. I know they are '39 rear doors but we are gonna switch belt lines. Not like that is gonna be easy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1008.jpg (49.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4848.jpg (71.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4855.jpg (58.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4853.jpg (56.0 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4859.jpg (51.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4858.jpg (58.1 KB, 99 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote