View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #88
mjw

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesPonies View Post
I have contacted the sites and people who have been suggested to me from this site and others. I can affirm that they do not want to offer any help. However, I have found some basic dimensions that along with some simple math, some measuring, calculating proportions and using CAD measuring, I am in the process of coming up with a drawing with some measurements I may be able to build from. I have loaded all this onto a CAD program , so as soon as I have something worthwhile to see, I'll be sure to post it for all. Thanks
I know its been difficult I imagine most of the builders still in business want to build one for you not sell just plans. And for guys like me that have have/had Model A's and have a huckster body the Hucksters are not more than a big wooden box attached to a Ford or Chevy frame and cowl and doors and seem pretty simple.

If you are handy with CAD you can scale up photos based on known measurements like wheels. I have used Corel to export raster files that then get translated to a CAD file.

I am also sending you and email with dimensions for the Station Wagon from a book I have that I forgot I had that may help.
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote