View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #8
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Mismatched drums won't fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens View Post
If the shoes are too thick they won’t go over the drums even when the adjusters are as far in as possible. Arcing solves this problem (plus allowing for full contact of the shoe on the drum).
He said in the initial post he is having trouble fitting the drum over the shoes.

I am talking about the drums with the hub on the outside because in his initial post he said showed a picture of the hub on the outside and said “I understand theres 2 drum styles from the era,but I thought you could use either. Any insight would be great.”
"Arcing" does not NECESSARILY make a drum fit over shoes which have linings that are TOO thick. Arcing is meant to precisely fit the radius of a shoe's lining to the radius of it's drum, usually at the time of turning a drum to a larger diameter. If the shoe is not indexed properly in the arcing machine, or if set-up with the wrong dimensions, the drum STILL may not fit over the shoes. Arcing will not correct the situation of mis-located pivot holes in SOME aftermarket shoes, either. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is online now   Reply With Quote