View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #69
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Model A motor froze-up

I know this was well intentioned, But.... You're asking a woman who has very limited mechanical experience to crawl underneath a truck that's been sitting in place for over 50 years. Then know how to take a oil pan down. At some point she's going to have to put it back, new gaskets and all. A Formidable task to be sure. In fact, I regards taking an oil pan down as a really rotten job and I know what's involved. Think of what could go wrong for a person who has never done it before. I believe this engine can be freed without taking it apart. In fact I think that she's almost there with the crank starting to move.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber31 View Post
My engine was stuck about 3 weeks ago also. What I did to settle my curiosity was remove the oil pan and dry every piston and rod really good. So when I poured the mixture in each cylinder I could clearly see from the bottom of the engine which cylinder was allowing the fluid to leak past the rings. The dry piston and rod is the culprit. The one stuck. Eventually I still pulled the head off to which I was glad I did due to the number 1 cylinder being severely gouged from a broken locking pin and moving piston pin.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote