Thread: drawings
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 03:30 PM   #9
rotorwrench

Default Re: drawings

Some of the old paper type prints can be pretty big. That's not to say they can't be scanned but It may take longer. Not all archives like they have are easily digitized where it can all be viewed by selection on a server. Maybe some day it will be. A lot of their stuff is still on microfiche so that can complicate things further. This link gives a person an idea about how much it will cost to have them do the document search and copy for individuals needing these services. If a person is a walk in under normal circumstances, the costs will be minimal. I've heard they will be very helpful as long as a person is polite and respectful to them.
https://www.thehenryford.org/collect...rvices/remote/

I'm not sure what if anything was ever thrown out. The archives have been sorting and collecting things of Americana since Henry Ford started Greenfield Village way back before he died. They have extensive collections on all sorts of things and many of them aren't even Ford related. They have a lot of stuff on Thomas Edison and many other auto manufacturers. There is a lot of stuff on the aviation side and all sorts of other subjects.

I take things with a grain of salt unless it comes from a source that can be verified.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-29-2020 at 05:03 PM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote