View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 08:52 PM   #29
Tom Endy

Default Re: Leaking Zenith Carburetor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMack View Post
Tom Endy, I saw your glass test stand in that excellent article you did on rebuilding the Zenith carb. I'm going to give the easy clear tubing rig a try to see what the fuel level looks like in the actual carb. I'll also give the glass jar test a try.

Thank you for posting that article. I intend to go through the carb fully this summer when the car sits idle while I'm in New York State. With that in hand I feel confident I can do a good job.

Fred K -Or, yes, I'm sure of the gaskets under the jets. One of the first things I did was put in new gaskets and check for leaks like you described. That is great advise for anyone having similar problems.

I sure appreciate all the input I've gotten on this subject! It has been frustrating, but intriguing at the same time.

My experience with that little sight gauge tube the vendors sell was that no matter how many gaskets I added or subtracted the fuel level in the tube stayed the same. That was why I built the stand.

If you don't want to go to the trouble to build a stand, an idea is to find a glass jar that can be attached with a large rubber band while on the car in place of the lower casting. I think it would be a more accurate reading.

Tom Endy
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote