Thread: A Matter of $$
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #23
Railcarmover
BANNED

Default Re: A Matter of $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike657894 View Post
im 35 years old here. I would go for the 4k. that's pretty much where I started. But it was given to me. I have sewed my own interior rather than an expensive 2500 for a fordor interior kit. Im probably 3k into my car. I rework what parts I can. I have gas shocks over stipes for the savings. I figure even the nicest show level examples will ride like the car did in 1930. Its a little tractorish compared to a modern car. And that's what makes them great. If you dont enjoy working on it buy the expensive one. The 4k will need near everything tightened up re-bushed rerubbered regreased or replaced. remember these are just 90 year old used cars until they are brought up to snuff or in show cars, beyond snuff.

I describe my car as a driver. people ask "what are your plans for it,restore it?" I look them in the eye and say this is the lowest worth model A model. Its worth 7.5-10k as it sits, fully restored its worth 12.5-15k and that would cost 15-20k. What would you do?
You have a point,I thought sport coupes were the bottom feeders of the A world..
Railcarmover is offline   Reply With Quote