View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #49
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: Speedway’s Valve Train Components

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
I might suggest that you measure the piston to head clearance before you mill them. Also the L-100 cam has a very high lift so the valve to head clearance will be an issue. Not sure what heads you are using but with the l_100 cam you need all the compression you can get, to improve low speed drivability. To iincrease valve to head clearance, it should be done with a 4 or 5 degree angle to prevent the removal of too much material frm the chamber. Modifying a cylinder head can improve performance when done right.
When using the 65Cc Edelbrock heads , they have a substanel amt of valve clearance. I mill these for .050" valve clearance , then re-dome them. Boosting Cr to aprox 9:1.
You must have a reason to make a modification.
Hey Ron - heads will be a brand new set of 59ab heads that have never been mounted. I like the older flattie look more than the 8BA’s in early cars as this is going in my roadster. I am also a 59ab cam and front mount distributor to complete the look. I do plan to measure for clearance and thanks for the heads up on the valve clearance. The French blocks are factory relieved so whatever I can mill them heads, I will do it. Thank you!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote