View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #24
rockfla

Default Re: slow cranking when hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1934 View Post
Up-date; This morning I started it and it seemed to turn slowly, even though it was a cold start. Went for a 15 mile drive, shut it off and tried cranking with the ign. off. It turned really slowly. After a lot of head scratching I decided to take all the wires off the starter switch. They looked clean and tight but I sanded them all nice and shiney and reinstalled them. After that it cranked over nice and fast! Had to go to work so didn't have much time to fool with it but maybe it wasn't a ground issue after all- just bad connections at the switch. Time will tell! BTW I found one of those starter brackets so plan to clean it up and install it.
Again,my thanks to all of you. Looking forward to a test drive tonight!
Doug.
You might want to find a Saturday and go back through all of your grounds and starter switch connections and coat them with some form of corrosion inhibitor for electrical connections....There is a long running debate here on the barn about what is best....with that said I use Di-electric grease and has worked really well for me but whatever you land on will keep all those connections clean and fresh and working properly!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote