View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
G.M.

Default Re: Schramm air compressor

Schramm used several engines but most were early Ford V/8s. I have known Dick Schramm for 50 years and he let me go up in the "attic" to look for parts when I restored a 39 Schramm compressor. They threw out dumpster loads of brand new Ford blocks and engine parts years ago. The only thing they have is a list of serial numbers and the dates they were manufactured. The only thing I found was 6 industrial fan blades. The parts manager gave me a stack of parts manuals about 12"s high. I took the few out I was interested in. Some were on a compressor with two V/8 engines. Dick told me he gave all the old blue prints and drawings to the Chester County Historical Society so I dropped the parts cataloges off to them. I heard something about he wasn't happy about the way they handling the material and got it back. I talked to Jerry Windle of the EFV8 club years ago and he was interested in it. Shramms Western sales manager, Frank McBride took a lot of parts to Texas and was selling them for years. He operated under lena's Warehouse. I called him for a head gasket which are differant from Ford gaskets and he said he would punch one out by hand from gasket material but I didn't want some home made gasket, I could do that myself. I believe Frank was in Ft Worth, Tx and the phone number I have is 1-817-370-2039. G.M.