View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #88
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Making Wood Plans available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
Guys,

Years ago I had the same issue with planetary gear reduction drive plans for experimental aircraft. My solution was to print the plans on red paper. Scanning was difficult and photocopying resulted in everything looking black.

Regards,

Jim

Very easy to circumvent in today's technology Jim by just scanning the print with the red background, then importing it into Photoshop where you click on the red and turn all reds into whites by making it the transparent color. BTW, welcome to Fordbarn!!

I realize we have beat this horse to death but another thing I have learned since asking this question here some 5 years ago is that most hobbyist woodworkers do well with 2D plans however they struggle with layout and cutting 3-dimensional shapes on a project. Several years ago I loaned one of my Rail Seat Back Trim prints for a Roadster to a friend, and because the prints used sweeps to layout a 3D compound radius, this person was looking at this print much like a mule looking at a new gate. The bottom line is a set of plans which would be that complicated would be of little use to the average novice woodworker and trying to make customers happy who paid for something they cannot use would be a headache at best.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote