View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
M2M

Default Re: Australian barners should read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
I have just been speaking with the owners of one of the more reputable Model A vendor companies and he said that to continue selling to Australians, he has to register with the Australian Government and do a return and send $ each month. At the moment, he has suspended sales to Oz and is evaluating whether or not it will be worth their while to set things up so he can collect the tax and submit it to the govt. It seems we have been caught up as collateral damage in a bigger battle.

Here's the new law:

Businesses with sales (subject to Australian GST) of AUD 75000 or more to consumers in Australia within a 12 month period, will need to register with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), collect GST at the point of sale and remit that GST to the ATO.

I wonder if Bert's, Snyder's, Mike's and Bratton's all sell more than AUD 75000 a year to Aussie consumers??? This law may benefit smaller USA vendors that at the moment don't often sell to Aussies.

No need for panic I think even if all the vendors ban Aussies. An Aussie could for example have the vendor ship to me in the USA and I could re-ship the items to Australia. I, and probably others here, would be happy to help out.

M2M is offline   Reply With Quote