View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #34
Don Rogers

Default Re: Luggage Rack Mounting Brackets

Mike and John, I do my research at The Benson Ford Research Center (Archives) with no agenda other than to dig at the facts. My findings are not submitted to the Judging Standards Committee nor am I envolved in the creation of any judging rules for our V-8 meets. I found the information on luggage racks to be interesting and at odds with what I and many others had always thought. This discovery prompted me to look at Ford's Parts books and they seem to support my Archive findings. I also have looked at the limited group of Archive Vehicle photos that I have and have only seen luggage racks on Sedans. Fords emphasis on Sedans may have because Coupes, Cabriolets and Roadsters appeared to have ample storage room in the trunk/rumble area.

You comments that Ford dealers may have installed these racks on Coupes, Cabriolets and Roadsters may be accurate but I haven't been looking into that possibility and can't confirm that. I also haven't tried to mount a luggage rack on to one of these vehicles to see if they fit and function without modification.

Lets continue this discussion and see what else "pops" up
Don Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote