View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Luggage Rack Mounting Brackets

I agree with you Mike. I can see why the engineers would have been asked to design luggage racks for sedans, especially the slant back models w/o any trunk accessible from the outside of the vehicle. If they fit, or could have been made to fit by the dealers, I am sure the dealers sold plenty racks to customers who owned other '35-'36 models. It will be interesting to see what happens when folks bring their cars to the EFV-8 meets and enter them to be judged in the Dearborn class and have luggage racks on models other than sedans/touring sedans. Since I have signed up to judge 35 & 36 vehicles at the GNM in Lake Tahoe, I plan to discuss this with the Chief Judge before the cars go on the show field. Furthermore, I plan to put a luggage rack on my 35 coupe and do whatever is necessary to make it functional. This car is going to be a driver, not a show car.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote