View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #12
Viv W

Default Re: Right hand drive steering worm advice needed

Hi My4dV8, thanks for the thought.
I will ask around here in Zimbabwe and see if anyone has a 37-9 column lying around, but parts for ANY cars of the 30's here seem to have vanished off the face of the earth. I heard that during the 50's a lot of pre war 30's cars were used for stock car racing or demolition derbys as no one wanted them when they were 20 years old.
Our vintage car movement started to gain momentum in 1958, and only cars built before 1931 were deemed worthy of being saved and restored. So the 32 to 39 cars were either scrapped or shoved into the rubbish dumps here.
I was told in the 1970's that Arian carbreakers in Harare had a 36/7 Cord Sportsman driven into their yard in 1960, the owner did not want it as it gave trouble and the breaker had no use for the majority of the parts, so a few parts were removed and it was towed to the city dump, where it is now about 90ft down under big blocks of flats.
Anyway, I have had a response from one of the Barn members who may have parts, so will keep you guys posted, thanks again
Viv.
Viv W is offline   Reply With Quote