View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 09:34 PM   #16
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Putting a V8 in a model a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs1961815 View Post
Didn't think about it yet. I never really explored modifying any engine beyond some simple things.
I saw some pictures of your car on your previous post, https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248779 Definitely a good looking car. Before you jump into the project make a list of everything you are going to have to change and what it is going to cost. Post it here (and on HAMB). Nothing worse than getting half way through and running out of money or giving up because it is too big of a job. While you are thinking about it you might consider selling you car and buying one that already has a V8. Please don't even consider putting a small block Chevy into that car, you will end up with a car that looks like everyone else's car. Hence the expression, a belly button motor.

Attached are a picture of a modified engines (neither of them mine). Just be sure to not try and pump out too much horsepower or reliability will suffer. The speed equipment on both of these engines are probably reproductions you don't have to scrounge for original speed equipment. The flathead is a "Thomas" equipped engine and the overhead is probably a Riley two port by Charlie Yapp of the Secrets of Speed Society (SOSS). The Roof, Cragar and Four Port Riley's are also currently reproduced (and probably a couple of others).

Charlie Stephens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3382.jpg (67.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4031.jpg (59.5 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 08-21-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote