View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 04:46 PM   #42
petehoovie

Default Re: Trip away in the33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrie View Post
I have had a rest day ,and stopped at a small locality (Wyandra)’ population less than 100.
I looked inside an old shearing shed,it still had a hand operated wool press and some old single cylinder engines that powered the machinery,plus what looked like a giant beer barrel grill, but I think it was a sorting table.
The last days travel was quite hot39c , so slowed down to around 45mph, road was rough in places with lots of undulating bits,but still enjoyable.
I will be heading for Charleville today,( site of a big US airforce base in WW2, and allegedly the first place outside the USA that the Norden bomb site was used,
I know why it was here, it’s miles from anywhere.
A family of Swiss tourists are next to me in the camp site, they are in Aust for 8 weeks and we’re amazed at the size of the country( they tell me Europe would fit in Australia),but they loved travelling out in the sticks,(same as me)
I have to stock up some supplies as I,m down to my last tea bag,lol
There also was another family next to me who were travelling in an Izusu truck and caravan,
We compared fuel usage,me18.4 ltrs/ 100klm , him 27 ltrs/100klm, my caravan weighs around 920 kegs ,his 4500kgs.
Lawrie

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)