View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
sturgis 39

Default Re: Some Flathead advise

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1builder View Post
i guess it depends on how much you want to spend too. you say it runs, if it runs well i wouldn't be trying to take it apart. i bought a 50 F3 that had been sitting for over 25 years and fired it up and it ran perfect. changed the oil and plugs and points and it is still a sweet engine. never did smoke, even after sitting all that time and after the first few minutes it ran. as to the radiator, it all depends too, if you have the money a new aluminum is great and gives added cooling capacity. if you want to save, try to find one locally (where are you?) and take it to a good radiator shop and have it tested and fixed if necessary. i had my 51 merc radiator done locally for $75.00 and it works great. good luck and keep us posted.
Please look up the "R" value of Aluminum and then look up the "R" value of Copper and then get back to me.

Thanks

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote