View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #27
rosenkranswa

Default Re: Membership dropping, interest too???

I'm 65 and have a number of stock Model A's, T's, an EV8 and a wartime Jeep. A perhaps interesting observation: Membership in the two national Model T clubs appears to be steady or even booming with lots of younger members, not so much in the Model A clubs, and even less in the Ev8 club. Fair amount of young interest in the Military vehicle and re-enacting groups we belong to. Not sure how to interpret that.

My daughter loves the cars and the eras they represent, is very knowledgeable, and wants at least one or more of my cars when the time comes. My son likes the cars, but isn't into them as much as she is. We have a lot of young people in our Home Front re-enacting group that love fashions, dances, music, and just life from the 20's through the 40's. Again, not sure how to interpret that.

I think the interest may be there, but the expression of that interest isn't being seen in club membership per se. Might be partly due to things like this forum - younger folks seem to get the information they need and even some of the comradery from sources other than clubs and club meetings. Social media, Facebook etc., seems to have taken on a lot of the role clubs used to fill.

'19 T Speedster
'26 T Touring
'29 A Roadster
'30 AA Stakebed
'30 A Pickup
'30 A Town Sedan
'31 A Station Wagon
'38 Columbia Girls bike (WWII)
'40 Elgin Boys bike (WWII)
'42 Super Deluxe Tudor
'42 Willys MB Jeep
'43 Willys MBT Trailer