View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
general gow

Default 1929 Model A Pickup

City: Taunton
State: MA
Price: 7500

SOLD

I wanted to keep this, but I've got new motivation to finish my '34 coupe, and I need to sell this to fund that motivation.

NEW PRICE- $7000

This is a decent example of a 1929 phone booth Model A pickup. Basically solid, it has a few spots that could use some help. But these cabs are all bolt together and nailed to wood, and very easy to work on. The center panel in the back could use replacing. The bed is solid but not perfect. The driver's side rear fender is pretty thin.

It runs and drives, but still needs some maintenance. I have a complete new gasket kit to go with it, so it won't take more than an afternoon to get this thing purring. I also have fuel line, shut off valve, door glass, door trim, and some other small stuff to go with it. It needs the passenger rear brake rod, but I have one to go with it. It needs shocks. I have some cores to go with it.

I have a pair of old but decent 7.00x16 white walls for the rear, and a decent wheel to swap one of the 6.00s onto for the spare.

It has a recent brush paint job that looks pretty good, and covers another very old one. No interior to speak of, but I do have a seat, and I have some material to recover the roof and visor, and I have some homemade door panels that look pretty good. I also have the hood, and it is in great shape and functions as it should.

It's basically a running driving project that could be road worthy in a long weekend. I hate to sell it, but I really need to if I am ever going to finish the '34. You can PM me on here, email me at generalgow[at]gmail[dot]com or call me at 508 two seven two 9209.

I'd love to see this truck go to someone who appreciates these old phone booths.

It has a VALID OPEN Massachusetts title.

I might be interested in partial trade for a roadster, phaeton, or coupe body.

and a couple videos:

it had just run out of gas at the end of this video. It smokes less now that it's been running more, but the new head gasket installation should take care of it for good.

Last edited by general gow; 07-03-2012 at 02:06 PM.
general gow is offline   Reply With Quote