View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
fftoddster

Default Stromberg 97 carb questions

I am running dual 97's on an Edelbrock slingshot intake. Manual fuel pump with backup electric pump (only used if necessary) and pressure regulator set to 2.5 lbs and pressure gauge. New 6 volt pos ground pertronix crab distributor.

This is a new setup with good used engine. Redone carbs (prev owner had done and never run)

Just got it running the other day. Was running strong then all of the sudden started sputtering and misfiring when came to a stop. Then died. Started up but seemed like flooded and repeatedly died. Till I ran out of battery.

When towed back home jumped battery and it started right up and seemed to run fine with 2.5 lbs fuel pressure.

Noticed that fuel pressure gauge was reading 0 even if turned on electric pump. when I was having issues. Could one or both of needle and seats stuck causing flooding and no pressure on gauge?

Also What is the correct length accelerator pump linkage. Both carbs are different. The front carb one was to long even if installed on the lower winter/summer setting (so long that accelerator pump bottomed out before reaching WOT. The accelerator pump arm had a slight bend so I straightened it so it now gets WOT but still have 2 different length rods. I checked my original 97 carb from stock motor and that rod appeared even longer?
fftoddster is offline   Reply With Quote