View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #22
wingski

Default Re: Bad influence???

One thing I’ve learned about using the forum on the Ford Barn. I come across as being a lot smarter than I do when I speak. Hell, it takes a lot of time and effort to type out expletives, and yet they are so much a part of my spoken language that I feel funny not using them. There are just some cuss words that put everything into a much clearer perspective than “Shoot” or “Ah, shucks.”

When I hit my thumb with a hammer, I sure don’t yell out, “Oh, shucks.” When I talk to my model A when it does something really weird, I don’t say, “Darn, what is wrong with you now?”

It’s taken me many years to gather together all those wonderful words that make normal polite terms seem pale in comparison.

Mom used to say that I talked like a truck driver or swore like a sailor. I always thought it was a compliment. She always criticized Dad when he’d swear around us kids. I enjoyed the way my old man spoke. If he was still around, he’d be amazed and shake his head at how far I’ve progressed in the art of profanity.

My wife seems to be able to block out a lot of what I say. Crap, she is able to block out almost everything I say.

If I was going to be buried instead of cremated, I think I would like my tombstone to read, “He sure the f##k wasn’t timid about what he said.”

There, now the truth is out. Whenever I post something in the future, insert your own expletives whenever needed. I’m sure you all can come up with some good ones.

Mike

Last edited by wingski; 04-03-2018 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)