View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 10:26 AM   #36
Merc Cruzer

Default Re: Bench testing convertible top motor

Good, you have a power seat. Since yours is disconnected, you might be able to use the relay from the power seat, for the power top. mine has a power seat too.

I can relate to your wiring, when I bought my car the wiring looks just a bad as yours. My second photo will show your where the top switch wires go. I am going to assume that the wiring configuration you currently have, worked at some point. So we are initially going to try to use what is there, for test purposes.

See if you can figure out where the wires from your top switch, connect to your relays. Then attach the power leads to your battery and see if you can use the the wires from the switch to short out the up and down wires to the ground. In my picture the blue wire is the common and the black and white wires are the up and down. You can test them with a multi meter to see where and when you have power. You can use a 12 volt for now, but remember the car is pos ground, unless that has been changed at some point. What battery was in the car, a 6 volt or 12 volt?

You mentioned the rear powere windows are gone are the relays still there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9995 (2).jpg (34.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN7757.jpg (56.5 KB, 10 views)
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote