View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #43
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Lion Speed Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
mike,
'disparating'..my bad! I tried to change wording(to 'referenced remark')but machine wouldnt allow me!
I hesitate to write this but i knew, or have reason to know, that this subject (Yapp equipment) could/would ignite some background feelings/history here! and, indeed, there is a history that I became aware of many years ago, before fordbarn. there are some that visit here, that im aware of, that know that history, in detail, but haven't said a thing and thats probably a good thing, because although interesting, just cause pissing in the wind here. I think that some here, intuitively sense something underlying..by their input. historically in the 'hobby' ,probably a basis for an interesting but otherwise ugly book!
point: well most 'stepped into' a situation without knowing it.
to clarify my earlier remarks/position: i have absolutely NO first hand knowledge that the first two 'editions' of the lsh were substantard equipment...in any way! upon inquiry, heresy word of mouth info led me to deduce that it was not prudent for ME to seek and/or purchase one of the first two editions. AND, as the third edition run had already been online and reviews(again word of mouth)that is was good...led me to purchase lsh 111 !
thanks ryan for allowing/facilitating lively interaction/discussion here!
Hey, no problem!! I had no idea there were three either. As for any sarcastic remarks, I truly did learn something about the heads. What some consider a flaw some consider an opportunity. As for any "history" I know of none but now that you mention it I can better understand what was written. If Brent and Charlie have a "history" I can see how the negative comments about a product could have been seen as a personal attack on the builder of that product. Again I know nothing of any past problems between the two of them, the original post asked for "comments on the performance, troubles, your experience or anything else on the original Lion Speed Head?", and I think he got more than he expected.

I have nothing personal against anyone here on this board, I like the differing opinions and the lively discussions. I don't like personal attacks. I called a member here odd once and I should have said his actions were odd but after talking off the board we had an understanding and he could see my point, disagreeed with it, but could see how I came up with it, Anyone should be able disagree with anything one has to say but comment on the content not the person. Has anyone read a post that begins something like "I know this has been covered before and I don't want to cause a problem but I need help with..." What if we answered with "You stupid a$$, it sure has!! Why are you bothering us again!!!"

Many of you have answered something like, "If you look here at the link I have provided you will see a discussion on that topic, let us know if you have any questions".

So this is it for me on this unless my name is brought up in public. Please feel free to PM me or send an email if you want to talk further. God Bless the Model A, this board and all who use it!

Last edited by Mike V. Florida; 05-08-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Mike V. Florida is offline   Reply With Quote