Thread: Lion Speed Head
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
hardtimes

Default Re: Lion Speed Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic in E-TN View Post
About 8 years ago I bought 2 of the original Lion Speed Heads from Charlie Yapp. They have beern sitting in a box since then because I moved and did not have the time or the inclination to install them. Now I am thinking of installing one instead of a new 5.5 head from Snyder's on an otherwise good running engine.

Does anyone have any comments on the performance, troubles, your experience or anything else on the original Lion Speed Head?

Vic
vic,
ive run a lsh 111 for 5 years and my warmed B runs great with the improvements i have , including electronic ign module. and i like the beefy weight/thickness of its metal ! regarding the first two versions...i hate to tell you; that i ended up with this third version of this type head because of the negative comments i heard from owners regarding the first two lsh versions. i avoided those first two and bought the lsh 111 version upon learning of positive comments owner satisfaction with that head. now...from 5 yr experience, i can say that it is/was money well spent. no problem encountered whatsoever, and i figure with the extra weight, that this version could be milled as much as desired/practical without deck 'thinness' concerns ! btw..i think my lsh 111 weighs in at nearly 53 lbs, and jmo, thats a good thing. hey if your 1/4 mi (47mph ?) racer rod isnt satisfying you due to (head) weight ....take the fenders/bumpers off
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote