View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 07:28 AM   #32
BoysToys1928A

Talking Re: clueless Ford salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdupay View Post
Great stories love reading these threads. Today I was at the body shop that is painting my 29 Std Coupe. My 18 year old son was with me. The guy running the place - older gentleman been in business 35 years asked my son if he knew how to drive an A. My son proudly said, you bet, I could drive this A before I had a drivers license. Both my boys can drive the A and only one has a license....(Shhhh, don't tell the police).
Love these threads: I wonder how many drivers back in the day drove without DMV approval? My dad's story is that the first time he drove the family model A was because Grand Pa was enjoying to much adult beverage and couldn't walk strait. So at 13 years old my dad drove the A, He said Grand Pa was grabbing his leg pulling it up off the throttle, saying "slow down boy" all the while there was 8 gallons of moonshine in the back seat. Dad alway like to joke with me saying "if the revenuers had caught them you wouldn't exist boy"
Larry