View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #30
bobmc

Default Re: The A will not move

Hello again

Sorry for not responding but I have been out of town for a couple days. After reading all your comments and having a fresh mind set I went over to the car again this morning. First thing I did was to pull on both axel's to see if they were broke, neither one cam out. Next I removed the fill plug in the rear end to see if the ring gear turned, with the trans in all three forward gears and reverse, there was no movement of the ring gear. Moved up to the spedo gear and removed the drive assemble from the bottom of the trans, again in all gears there was not movement. Now I did not have the motor running I was turning the gears with the starter, I did not think the slower revolutions would make a difference. Looking at the universal joint with the limited viewing it still appears to turn. There are two 1/4 inch holes in the clam shell that I am looking in and I see movement both forward and reverse.
Never seeing an old style riveted u joint I am wondering if it came apart, and only the outside is turning?

Thanks again for all your responses.
bob
bobmc is offline   Reply With Quote