View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #26
bigd1101

Default Re: Should I pass on this A? Or would I miss out on something?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Listen there is no harm in disagreeing with me!! My point is better asked this way, ...what has this car "Survived" from that other cars have not?

Generally speaking, a preserved car that has 'survived' would be the Fordor that the late Dave Lopes showed and drove, -or Jim Sinclair's Roadster, -or other similar vehicles that are a fully functioning automobile with quality original paint, interior, and mechanicals that accurately and authentically portray the vehicle as it was originally manufactured. This vehicle IMO does not qualify in any of those areas. Now I would agree that this particular vehicle has 'survived' better than some other Model-As however there are MANY other example of unrestored Model-As that are in better condition yet do not qualify as a 'survivor'.

Society as a whole has chosen to stretch the truth and alter history so that it benefits themselves and their agenda. The words "all original", "barn find", "Survivor", "New Old Stock", "restored", et/al are words that are so misused in our modern culture that many people do not truly know the true meaning, and as such they are meaningless when trying to accurately describe a vehicle. I trust you understand my point of view better now. If you still choose to disagree, that is fine and I respect that.

Agree 100%.....here is a good write up on "survivor cars". https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...or-car-or-not/
bigd1101 is offline   Reply With Quote