Thread: Beware
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #32
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
Brent,
I have read this complete thread and completely agree with everything you are saying. Do remember reading a past thread that bashed over this same topic.

Where I think the difference lies........... is the point of rudeness.
Nobody enjoys spending their well earned money and being treated rudely. That seems to be a common theme here.

I have had absolutely no experience with BW and dont have an opinion either way.
Just what I am reading here.
All points seem to be valid.

I am often construed as rude & arrogant. I have no problem with that because I tell the facts and let others make decision based on their own agenda. Since we were not there to hear the tone of both sides, we are only going on hearsay as to who was rude. We live in a different society now where the customer is not always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
I disagree! When the manufacturer states, "Each radiator is tested with an original Ford shell to assure general fit, appropriate neck placement and accurate mounting bracket placement. " and it does not fit or is missing holes are you saying I only have myself to blame?

If a vendor advertises proper fit and finish on ANY product and it is not I guess that's my fault as well.

If I send you a Ford to restore and you send me back a Chevy I guess that's my fault as well since I expected my Ford back but did not specify it in the contract.

In this case, the manufacturer stopped all manufacture of the radiator in question, double checked his information, spent money to receive rush research documentation, found they actually were making it wrong and promised to make them correct with the correct dimensions from this point forward. That is a manufacturer I will deal with! We all make mistakes but if we follow your advice above, Mitch should have just sent all the measurements to them and had them make, and charge him, for a custom radiator as we should not expect them to provide what they advertise.

Again, Mike ...we will remain friends but choose to disagree. Maybe the underlying problem is most restorers today do not realize that some items are hand-crafted and there is a human element that goes into it.

For example, I have Snyders make me seat springs and I get charged for as custom spring. While they claim they are made to original prints & samples, their 'out-of-the-box springs do not always fit correctly enough for my standards. The same applies for upholstery, wiring harness', sheetmetal. mufflers, you name it. Many of these items are claimed to be made from a print but sometimes their dimensions are not exact & universal. I guess some of this is due to the nature that many hobbyist are not restorers and do not have the experience, comprehension, nor talent to be able to handle anything outside of an exacting fit.

Does anyone not find it very ironic that there are many of us that can testify that we have not experienced a problem with BW?? My point is there are certain Model-A items that are reproduced where every one of them is poor and the quality level is always low. In this situation, there are quite a large percentage that do not have an issue with their hand-crafted radiator yet many who have never even purchased a BW radiator seem to want to jump onto the bandwagon and bitch about the quality of an item they have never purchased, ...and they are only going on the hearsay of someone who had a bad experience because he really didn't pay attention to the details when it was ordered. This just isn't right, ….and I don't care if you disagree with me or not.

Just so you know, Lee and I have exchanged several e-mails on this topic, and I have not found him to be anything other than accommodating and trying to offer what the customer needs. It sure would be a nice gesture if more hobbyists who do not have the talent nor the tools to restore would start treating some of these vendors with the same respect and try to be more accommodating to what the vendor is offering.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote