View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #6
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Briggs body with aftermarket parts.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Just so everyone knows, yes, this was nothing more than a play on words (Briggs and Stratton). However, concerning Brents post, I know where you are coming from. Is it or isn't it??. More semantics. It seems to happen everywhere. On another forum that I follow dedicated to 348/409 engines, there is discussion about new W blocks being cast in 500+ cu configurations. They are based off of the original W engine but are an entirely new block designed for bigger bores. Even so, they are referred to as "409" engines. This has always vexed me as the "409" is a displacement designation and these new engine are NOT 409 CI. IMO it often seems to stems from people that want recognition, want to be seen as "special" and admired in some way. That's fine with me, whatever floats your boat. Other tomes it's just a case of "what DO you call it"?. An example is my truck in my avatar. The guy that put it together showed me a picture of the truck as he found it. There was NOT much there. The only part of my truck that came from that '31 truck is the back of the cab. The box is new, the fenders are new (steel front 'glass rear) and the doors, frame and cowl came from a sedan that he had (IIRC). Oh, and the grill is a '30. I call it a '31 model A truck because that is what it is registered as and i don't want to be describing it like Johnny Cash's cadillac every time someone asks "What model is it?". Like a hot rodder that claims his car is "all Henry steel" as if he wants brownie points for that. IMO, if a hot rod IS "all Henry steel", in other words was made from a 100% rust free car, I get dismayed because IMO, any car like that should not be hotrodded. However, that's just my pinion and the owner is are to do as they please with their own car. It's really none of my business. I feel I'm just rambling at this point so I'll stop.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote