View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #28
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Is this rumour correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
In their time they were useful before everyone had a computer. Now that we are in a high tech era we have negated much of their worth. And you are correct, the two Model A websites ( both free ) and EBay will eventually put them totally out of business. It may be sooner rather than later!

Interesting in that you call the non-profit clubs a 'business'. So as far as the hobby is concerned, -if both clubs ceased to exist, would the Model-A hobby become extinct? I feel very certain that it would not. Personally, if preservation and restoration are the passion that drives the hobby, I would be WAY more concerned if MAFFI and/or the Benson Library would cease to exist.

I have been involved in this hobby for nearly 60 years. I have heard it over and over that the hobby is dying because younger people are not interested. Only part of that statement is truth. Younger people are typically NOT interested in restoring Model-A. They never have been for as long as I have been alive. The facts are that young people typically get old if they live long enough, ...and older people have different priorities and desires over young people. Restored Model-As have always attracted a mature hobbyist. There is just as great of a demand for Model-As now as there was in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Also, I have seen the prices of Model-As risen from each previous decade during those 60s years. I'd make a strong prediction that Model-A prices in the year 2030 will be higher than what they are now, and there will still be buyers then too.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote