View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 02:29 PM   #12
Floyd

Default Re: 32 Ford brake cross shaft assembly

BoxCar Tom, I was finally able to dig up the old info after a good day in the garage going thru zillions of pages of notes and finding nothing! We are going on memory here. So much for documentation.
Anyway, First check the dimensions of the old bushing or the shaft and hole in the bracket. I kinda recall the shaft is 7/8 " (.875) and the OD is 1.00". If this is correct then the bushings are IGUS branded , made in Germany and come with a flange which you can cut off with a hacksaw. They have two lengths, I believe the longer one will work. You will need two of these to make up the length of the old fabric bush. The part is IGUS 1416-12. available on Ebay and others. The grainger part is 2MTR2.
The nice thing about these is they are compliant and require no lube, just like the originals. Also cheap and easily fitted without maching or reaming just cut oof the flange. Works perfect in my opinion. If I am wrong on the dimensions, there are other sizes. Just search on IGUS bearing or bushings. The ones I used were the red material. Report back please.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote