View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #33
yjwrangler95

Default Re: 1928 Ford Phaeton/Huckster

The lifts nice, it makes life a lot easier. I've found it makes my buddy's lives easier as well! Its a challenger 10,000 versymetric lift.

I used a base/clear, the brand is Nason and the color is Chrysler Black (PX8). It is one of the deepest black's I've seen. Nason is a cheaper paint but it lays down well and is pretty user friendly.

I also used a Nason high build primer under the paint. It helped hide a lot of the 86 year old patina, but no to much!

I use a cheap zip up suit-$10.00 or so and a head sock, latex gloves and a disposable respirator. The respirator is good for a couple of paint jobs as long as you store it in the zip lock bag it comes in.

I have a large compressor and I use a DeVilbiss Finishline FLG4 HVLP gun with a bunch of different filters.

My "booth" is a 2x4 frame, with some clear home depot plastic. I framed in two large furnace filters and use two fans as my exhaust. It pulls air from inside the building(negative pressure in the booth) through the filters. I also added a couple more lights inside for better visibility.

Thanks for the compliments.
yjwrangler95 is offline   Reply With Quote