Thread: Christmas.
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 06:21 PM   #19
2manycars

Default Re: Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Christmas in Australia? Where do I start. Christmas day has dawned here and there will be lots of kids opening presents in front of bleary eyed parents. Today in Melbourne will be in the low 70s F (quite cool), a little cloud and fine. Perfect! We are in the SE corner of the continent so if there is a north wind, things can get pretty hot. A Christmas Day of 90-100F is not all that infrequent. This light hearted ditty explains things www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1aYkutjXfQ and to answer your question about How does Santa use his sleigh over here, www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FdVXca9hys
Tomorrow is Boxing Day. That's when things get more interesting for the adults. The traditional Boxing Day cricket match starts at the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) and the Sydney - Hobart Yacht race starts. Both were a tradition decades before I drew my first breath.
For you guys in the US who don't know anything about the world's biggest bat and ball sport, a cricket test match is between international teams and lasts 5 days. The current series is against the English team, though they needn't have shown up! It is a "best of 5" series, this being the 4th game.
I think this little song sums it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQZRUVNIzk8