View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
7_Zero

Default Re: Slant Window Body/Floor Repair - Looking for advice

Aside from a couple stubborn door panels I almost have all the interior out. I spoke with a dustless blaster and he said that he can do the inside and out, but he suggests not to do the inside as it is usually not worth it. Granted the floor is a given as it definitely needs attention as well as the inside area around the wheel wells, but what about the other panels?

I read somewhere that blasting the concave side of a panel can be risky and has a higher chance of stretching. There are also some areas that would be difficult to get to (like behind bracing in pictures 1 & 2), will more damage be done in an attempt to get into these places vs just leaving them alone?

I figured that with the doors I would just get the outside as well as the edges done, but not do the backside or inside. Also, should I remove the wood around the rear window and along the sides by the doors? What about the header as well as the rope like stuff above the doors where the upholstery attaches, should they be removed or just protected with something?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inside-Roof-Panel-2.jpg (88.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Inner-Bracing-Closeup.jpg (73.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Rear-Panel.jpg (58.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Rear-Pass-Inner-Well-2.jpg (66.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Rear-Pass-Lower-Corner-2.jpg (39.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Rear-Driver-Lower-Corner.JPG.jpg (57.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Driver-Firewall.jpg (61.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Passenger-Firewall.jpg (60.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Passenger-Cowl.jpg (33.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Passenger-Cowl-2.jpg (77.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Rear-Pass-Upper-Corner.jpg (32.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Rear-Window.jpg (81.5 KB, 24 views)
7_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote