View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #182
Tod

Default Re: What Other Hobbies & Interests Do You Have?

I am the son of an ABC (now the USBC) triple Hall of Fame bowler. I quit bowling when I was 19 at the urging of my dad (he was afraid I would have trouble with my wife-to-be as serious as bowling was to me). 25 years later I started again. After a year I had a massive stroke. The stroke ended my guitar playing days that I enjoyed beyond words that took the place of competitive bowling. i returned to bowling about 9 months after the stroke with a 279/724 night bowling with my good friend Lou, also a Hall of Famer. Now, I bowl with an ex-tour professional Joe Nuzzo, the best amateur bowler in the country (maybe the world), Adam Barta, and 2 more Hall of Famers, Danny Guerrieri, and Rich Skelton. Last year we nearly set a national team record, falling only some 70 pins short. I could have someone post a picture if anyone wants to see what real bowling looks like.

I do still try to write lyrics and play some but my days of intense blues guitar are finished, thanks to the congenital arterial defect that caused the massive stroke.

About a week ago I jotted down some lyrics about a drag car in a blues/rockabilly style for some humorous fun with Adam and Pete Barta, whom I bowl with on Wednesday evenings. This past Wednesday evening I just missed shooting 300 my first game (thanks to a couple of ten pins), while Adam rolled 300, and then I should have shot 276 the second game but a couple of 10 pins foiled my game, while Adam shot another 300 (his 179th), and then I just fell short again with 279. We set the league high team set and game that night.

I like my hobbies to be far removed from my job skills.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)