View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 10:19 AM   #14
Merc Cruzer

Default Re: Carpet for 1953 Mercury Covertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
It would be easier to have one custom made by a local trimmer. It may not be original but then there really aren't any originals available anyway. If SMS doesn't have a carpet material that's appropriate, I just keep looking till I find some. Choices are fewer since LB became part of SMS.
Obviously, you have a lot more options in Texas than we have here in Colorado. The realization is that the longer we go, the harder it will get to buy parts for our cars, and I have a late model (53')! Mine is not a show car, but rather a really nice driver, so it should't be that hard. It does make you wonder who will be left, once this is all over. Talking with my interior guy, (who told me that my car should be able to be started, for a whole new correct leather interior and new correct top, next week. I have been waiting since January, since he does it out of the shop, beautiful steel building, he built at his house). He mentioned that almost 80% of the local interior guys have now closed, and COVID-19 didn't help the matter.

Last edited by Merc Cruzer; 06-10-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote